Sunday, November 19, 2006

Six weeks?

So the other day a good friend of mine, Jeff Wencl, put it rather nicely into context when he noted I was leaving in approximately six weeks. Red flags of course didn't really go off in my mind until a time later.

But really, six weeks.

While I tend to not be a person of ferverous anticipation and would rather take everything moment to moment, I am now finding myself surrounded by list after list: packing list, money list, things to buy list, books to read and buy in spanish for kids lists, people to touch base with before I leave lists, pieces to accomplish before leaving lists, where am I going to live next year and what classes am I going to take lists, questions lists, university official documentation lists, resumés, cover letters and letters of recommendation to apply for a summer intership in Boston lists....

I suppose all of you can see what's been governing my life lately. And though this is a tich exaggerated and I tend to keep an even keel, I'm suddenly beginning to realize that I'm slightly overwhelmed with three excruciating papers left in the semester to boot. Yet, then I think of where I'm about to go and what I'm about to do... and then I realize the lists no longer matter and that in a mere six weeks I'll be back in a place I haven't seen in four years. The thought is absolutely wonderful and beyond that, there is little else to say.

Six weeks. Hmm.

1 comment:

lizzie said...

Kelsey, As i was reading one night on everyones blogs and what not i was wondering what has been going threw kelseys head since i never talk to u anymore and then i see that there is two up that i havent read and since i had just got done crying with in like the 5 sentence i was crying!! BOSTON!!! are u serious!!! wow, u have way to much on ur plate u never have time for urself and time for like others like me or other tec people..i dont know why but like everyday since like the 8th i have been crying on and off just for randomious things!! and i hate it!! i cant stand this life i am in and i just want to get out!!! ur such an amazing girl and i know that u have so much u want to do and all those dreams of urs that i know will be taken in complete with in time u will go so far within life and i cant wait to read one of ur books because i know that u will sooner or later write one and it will be a total Hit Seller!!! ur amazing I LOVE U... oh i dont think i will be seeing u until u get back from ur trip so if i dont call u or what not, u know i love u and just cant bare to see u leave, and am sick of crying over things.. God Bless u kelsey
Love ya
lizzie